Monday, April 30, 2012

Progress

 Even though I have a ton of things I want to crochet, I enjoy the simple rhythm of my ripple.  I don't have to worry about following a pattern as this is now embedded in the memory.  After my stresses of the past week with my parents, the ripple is soothing to work on.

I did however, start a project that I have been wanting to make since I bought the pattern, is this Granny Messenger Bag.  You use 2 strands of worsted weight and my thrift TLC yarn was perfect for this.  I started yesterday when the girls and I got together for our Stitch & Bitch session.

And my squares are coming along too.  

And while there I cuddled up with the blanket my friend made with the Loops & Threads Charisma chunky yarn.  It was so soft I nearly was nodding off for a nap.  And yes in this picture I started another project.  She had these like 1970's pattern books in a binder style like old recipe collections.  Anyway, I had this light weight yarn I was looking to make something with and found a simple scarf pattern.


Another one of the girls was working on her arm warmers.  She knitted them in the new Loops & Threads Haze yarn, sooooo soft, then crochets her edges and blanket stitched it together.  I might just have to make some of these as well. LOL


I also recently got some material from Ebay.  Mostly to have on hand to do liners for bags I crochet etc. 

I also decided to dye my hair this weekend.  I have sported the medium brown for a while now, my hair is getting longer so it's harder to colour longer hair yourself but I thought I'd save and do it myself.  Bought the bleach, yes for blonde.  I also sell Avon and they recently released their own line of hair colour.  This is my intended colour
Well, it didn't turn out quite this light, yet.  My roots are quite light but my length of hair is still a  bit on the red side.  I even tried the L'Oreal Brass Banisher but it didn't quite work for my hair.  So, I am going to wait another day after some good conditioning and try a high lift blonding again.  

2 comments:

Kara at Petals to Picots said...

I love that owl fabric! Thanks for sharing at my party! Have a great weekend :)

Unknown said...

Your ripple is looking great! I made a skirt for my daughter from the owl fabric, LOVE IT!! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.